Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peter/Tomomi

moon_chakura@hotmail.co.jp

Received an email from someone whose email name said Tomomi Endoh. This person was interested in a kitten and in somewhat broken english asked more about him. The email ended saying that if I call to ask for Peter.

I am always suspicious when emails and names don't match up. I looked up the Tomomi name and found a Facebook listing for a woman by that name. I was trying to think of why this woman would tell me to ask for Peter, and assumed she was foreign and Peter (boyfriend? roommate?) would be better on the phone. Then I got an email from Peter.

This email was actually from Peter (ppezzimenti@yahoo.com), it was written in a similarly stilted style, with a photo (Peter?) attached, showing a young man with a scruffy beard looking off camera, wistfully. The email itself must have been sent in error, it was a bizarre plea for a job as a concierge, which included brilliant career-making lines like:

however when i was a bicycle messenger a while back i realised i really wanted the concierge job so i let life settle down a bit and i wish to apply at this point.

At first I didn't want to write him back, I mean how embarrassing is this letter, even if it went to the right people? But then I thought he should have his shot at getting his dream job as a concierge so I wrote back and noted I am the cat guy, not the job guy. No reply yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment